How is my course delivered?
The STEP Instructor training a comprehensive virtual course. We have created our own platform, NETFIT, which will allow the delivery of the course.
What does the course cover
The aim of this Step CPD is to:
Teach current Level 2 Group Training instructors the skills required to implement step Instruction techniques, safely and effectively into a Step group fitness class for adults
The learner should be able to: -
- Take part in the practical demonstration classes and observe the structure, design and breakdown of the sessions
- Perform the exercises and techniques safely and effectively to the required standard, and how to give specific and postural teaching points relevant to the exercise
- Understand and apply the principles of overload within the context of Group Fitness Step instruction
- Practically demonstrate essential skills for step instruction in relation to correct terminology, cueing and layering techniques
- Demonstrate the competence of delivering multi-levelled Step classes through the delivery of a practical assessment
Is there a Pre- Requisite?
L2 ETM, GYM or Group Training OR, a minimum of 12 months fitness teaching experience.
How do I take the assessments?
The assessment is via video submission to Ian Baker.
How much is the cost of the course?
The course cost is £165. This can be paid in one sum or split over 2 payments. We do not charge interest on the payments, and we do not charge a set up fee for this service.
Will I get hard copy of the manual?
We provide you with a digital copy of the manual which you are able to print.
What happens next?
You will be contacted within 5 days after purchase where you will receive the following information
Details of your tutor
How to gain access to your learning materials
How to gain access to any technology you may need to use
How to submit your work
Any additional information you may need to know including assessment information and receiving results